Whistler may be known for its winter mountain sports, and as one of the premiere mountain bike destinations in the summer, but it is also home to extraordinary cuisine, world-class shopping, and a great art & culture scene.
Dining in Whistler
From Fast Food to Fine Dining – Whistler Offers Something For Everyone!
Whistler’s reputation as a truly international resort is reflected in its variety of cuisine. More than 80 restaurants throughout the Resort serve up everything from rack of lamb and spicy Thai cuisine to sushi and traditional North American fare. Whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, guests can choose from casual pub meals to formal dining, from cozy bistros to family restaurants. And both mountains offer gourmet mountain top dining, from hearty early morning breakfasts to special evening functions and themed events.
When the sun goes down the options are still wide open. An evening amble under the stars. A pint of lager in a cozy pub. Popcorn at the movies. The flip side of Whistler Resort is all about winding down the way you like to. Whether it be a romantic candlelight dinner, casual conversation in an intimate lounge, or dancing in a high-energy night club, Whistler has something for everyone. And, of course, a bubbling hot tub awaits at the end of the day.
From traditional souvenirs to fine jewelry and quality sportswear
Located in the plazas of Whistler Village, Upper Village, and Village North, the shops and boutiques of Whistler are open seven days a week. Native artwork, locally made jewelry, high fashion apparel and souvenir gifts are some of the items available at more than 150 shops in the Resort.
With museums, art galleries, and a fabulous library, Whistler isn’t just for sports enthusiasts!
With such fantastic vistas, it’s not surprising that so many artists have produced incredible works of art including sculptures and paintings that showcase this beautiful part of the world.
Rainy Day Fun for the Family
A steady drizzle or a torrential downpour shouldn’t have to ruin your day!
Whistler offer many activities for the entire family to enjoy – even when the weather doesn’t cooperate.
- Tennis anyone? The Whistler Racquet Club is a great place to spend the afternoon. (604-932-1991)
- Curl up with a good book from Armchair books (604-932-5557) or Whistler’s Public Library (604-935-8433).
- Bring out your creative side and paint your very own mug or piece of pottery at Expressions Art Studio (604-932-2822).
- Interested in Whistler’s fascinating history? Why not take a tour of Whistler’s fully remodeled and expanded Museum. (604-932-2019).
- Enjoy a spa day in one of the local salons or spas. Scandinave Spa is a local favourite!
- Plan a fitness day. Meadow Park Sports Centre is the perfect spot for a game of squash, a dip in the pool, a proper workouts, or an afternoon skate with the kids. Call them at 604-935-PLAY (7529) for more details.
Contact us for more great ideas to help you make the most of your stay in Whistler … rain or shine.